Aim, Objectives & Action Plan
To promote evidence-based disease prevention and health promotion in general practice/family medicine in Europe.
- To review the scientific evidence available in Europe and the rest of the world related to health promotion and disease prevention.
- To elaborate recommendations based on scientific evidence and disseminate them to all general practice and family medicine associations in Europe.
- To implement and adapt evidence-based recommendations into clinical practice.
- To define the role of the primary care doctor in health promotion and disease prevention.
- To promote and encourage multicentre research and educational programmes on health promotion and disease prevention throughout Europe.
To reach its objectives, EUROPREV has established a plan of action that includes the following points:
- the creation of a network of health professionals interested in various areas of health promotion and disease prevention;
- the creation of a documentation centre for consensus documents, systematic reviews, clinical guidelines and other relevant documents and publications on health promotion and disease prevention;
- the analysis of the preventable causes of morbidity and mortality in Europe;
- the development of different EUROPREV working groups to facilitate discussion on various subjects, review scientific evidence and elaborate recommendations.